Reading at the Crossroads

Reading at the Crossroads is an archive for columns and letters which appeared in the Terre Haute Tribune Star. I also blog here when my patience is exhausted by what I feel is irritating, irrational and/or ironic in life. --gary daily

My Photo
Name:
Location: Terre Haute, Indiana, United States

The material I post on this blog represents my views and mine alone. The material you post on this blog represents your views and yours alone.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

". . . university declined further comment"--Yeah, this happens a lot.

March 13, 2012
Top-Seeded Orange Lose Key Player on Defense
By PETE THAMEL

Syracuse announced Tuesday that center Fab Melo would not play in the N.C.A.A. tournament, a move that decreases the top-seeded Orange’s chances of playing for the national title.

The university issued a short news release saying Melo would not participate in the tournament because of an “eligibility issue.” The university declined further comment [my emphasis], and Coach Jim Boeheim did not return a message left on his cellphone. . . .
Full article here

To play the Big Dunce bracket games, to get a real edge, the smart money should be looking for sources in university registrar's offices and what's on the local police blotters in college towns. Those injury lists are soooo meaningless old school. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home